Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My lips were burned by hot engine oil and now they won't stop pealing. What can I do?

I was in a bad car accident over a year ago. The engine oil splashed on my face. All my wounds are healed and closed, I used silverdine cream during the healing process. I've asked a couple plastic surgeons and they seem to avoid the topic. They peal almost everyday, mostly just my bottom lip. I just use chapstick right now which helps keep them soft, but they continue to peal.My lips were burned by hot engine oil and now they won't stop pealing. What can I do?
If all your wounds have healed, I'd suspect that your lip problem may be caused by a secondary issue. Meaning that its probably what you're using that is causing the problem.





Check the ingredients on your lipbalm. One of those might be problematic for you, and causing the peeling.





Try switching to using only 100% pure cocobutter for two weeks and see if that helps. You can also use pure olive oil as well.





If switching solves the problem, then start you may want to start checking out products that don't have the ingredients of the lipbalm, and maybe narrowing it down til you figure out which ingredient was the problem and avoid it.





Good Luck. (btw badger balm lipbalm is great stuff)My lips were burned by hot engine oil and now they won't stop pealing. What can I do?
coco butter may taste nasty but it will help
the silverdine was propably a bad decision and they dont want to say anything, but i would talk to a dermatologist about that
white paraffin or white petroleum might help
  • salicylic acid
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment