Saturday, December 26, 2009

If a duck had lips could it whistle?

(see above)If a duck had lips could it whistle?
HA ha Funny really quacks me up!





Seriously.. I work alot with wilkd and urban waterfowl and actually Mallards,, Males already make a whisling sound... usually to show dominance in close quarters with other males but they do whistle...





Far as the lips... that would be funny to see


And I see one person out here said ducks are dumb...





Not true


I thought so oncee as well til I worked with them.. they are actually pretty smart.. we even have 2 rescues and they actually know over 50 commands verbal and hand signals...


I know some dogs that are not that smart,,.and a few people too! LOL just kidding.... I think





So there you gooo.. Lips on a duck... whistle... Prob not


But its ok cause they can already do it! Female mallrds dont seem to have that ability though,,but its ok cause they have a MUCH louder quack than the male and can be heard well without a whistle..


Another case of the female being the loudest eh??!!








Have fun





WismomIf a duck had lips could it whistle?
LOL,..pathetic eh?? I work with Wildlife and A lot of ducks and geese plus we have 2 rescues of our own... Thanks for the Vote!!


Quack! :0) Report Abuse

yes
wood ducks can on rare occurances whistle. badly frightened woodducks with babies can and do whistle
absolutely!
Like human lips? I don't know that's weird. I'm just trying to picture that one.
sure
Of Course...Duh!
No that's just plain 'qwackers'
sure
I dont thing so because it wouldn't be smart enuff to learn i just think ducks are the dumbest animal in the world but thats only wat i think so dont listen to me.
duh, where have you been donald duck and daffyduck can whistle i seenem do it! they got lips.
NO
if ducks had lips they could not whistle because they need to have bendable skin and movable jaws. also they have really thin tongues it would not help. try whistling and see what happens to you tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment