Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Opinions on kissing your children on the lips...?

I have seen it done, many a time. Personally I think it is a little weird to kiss your child on the lips but I have nothing against those who do. I'm more of a cheek/forehead kind of mom. What are your opinions of kissing your kids on the lips?Opinions on kissing your children on the lips...?
I don't think it's weird at all so I won't judge anyone else who does it. But I feel really uncomfortable when she kisses me on the lips, so I don't do it back to her. And she's so little I don't want to tell her no because I don't want her to mistake my discomfort for rejection.


I feel like lips are very private parts.Opinions on kissing your children on the lips...?
I kiss my kids on the lips. Mainly my daughter, because my son has hit the stage where he's too much of a tough guy for that. He's 5 and his Daddy's in the Army... so he thinks he's gotta be super tough. My daughter is much more of a hugs and kisses child. She'll walk up and say i love you and pucker up for a kiss. Even my tough Army husband kisses the kids on the lips like that. It's really a matter of comfort I think.
Growing up, I always thought it was a little weird. I can only remember doing it when I was really young. But now that I have a daughter of my own, we love hugs and kisses! I don't find it weird or uncomfortable at all. I just make sure not do it too often, so she doesn't get sick. I'm sure that this is only a stage and as she grows older it will fade out, but right now it's a sweet way to tell my daughter I love her.
I do, i cant help myself! My husband does it to. I think it is very...ok. I love my kids so much and want as many hugs and kisses as i can get. by the time it is considered unappropriate they wont want to kiss me anymore...boo...hoo! i guess its what you are comforable with, everyone is different and has different views.
I kiss my 6yo and my 16 month old on the lips. My mom kissed us on the lips, so I think it's comletely normal. Where I grew up, men kissed their kids on thelips and the women did too.





If I'm sick or feel a sore throat comin on no kissin except on the forehead.
My daughter and I are lip kissers, she's 3 1/2. We only do it for ';see you laters';, so it's not done often. It's just an expression of caring and love and to me it matters not where a kiss is placed....it's the feeling behind it that matters.
My husband and I both kiss our kids on the lips, both grandmas do it, too. They're still young (under 3) so I feel that it's fine. I expect we'll do it less and less as they get older, but I don't see anything weird about it.
I exchange quick kisses with my 3 year old boy like 20+ times a day. The only thing gross about it is when he thinks he is being funny and tries to lick me while I am kissing him.
I usually kiss them on the temple or forehead. But sometimes I will just make a kissy face at them and they will kiss me on the face wherever they feel like it. If I get kissed on the lips it doesn't bother me.
I don't see anything wrong with it when the child is young. My mom did that to me when I was little. However, it got a little weird as I got older so I stopped at about at 6.
I don't think its weird at all. I always kiss my daughter (4) on her lips. I just taught her that its a mommy daughter only kiss and that no one else is allowed to do it.
I think its sick that people have any kind of aprehension about kissing their child and relating it to something sexual and taboo.


Creepy loser parents have rules about appropriate kissing
Me and my little girl are lip kissers, ha ha. Except when I'm playing with her I'll kiss her a million times on her cheeks. Or if one of us is sick I'll only do the forehead kisses.
My 14 month old kisses me on the lips. She comes up to me and does it. I obviously taught her that. I never, ever thought it was weird.
My mom always kissed me and my twin on the lips when we were little. It felt way more secure than getting a kiss on the cheek.
I think its fine for parents. Just dont let any other family members do it because there are all sorts of implications with that one.
I see nothing wrong with it. They are your kids and the kiss is nothing more than an expression of love for your child.
I'm a cheek/forehead mom myself. I save the lip kissing for my hubby only.
Not weird. My hubby and I both kiss our almost 2 yr old twin girls on the lips. Why do you think its weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment