Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My friend has a 2 week old child and was wondering if its safe to use lanolin for her kids chapped lips,?

or what else could she use?My friend has a 2 week old child and was wondering if its safe to use lanolin for her kids chapped lips,?
Remeber its a 2 WEEK old baby, not 2 year old.





I just went to a newborn class this weekend ( im 35 wks preggy) and they mentioned that NEWBORN babies skin, lips, etc can be dry and flaky! Its ok, and its normal. Doubt that petroleum jelly would hurt the baby much, but tell your friend that dry skin is completely normal and she does not have to do anything right now! My friend has a 2 week old child and was wondering if its safe to use lanolin for her kids chapped lips,?
I would not use it. Lanolin is a wool derivative that alot of people are allergic too, including my son. He had a reaction to Eucinex cream (Aquafor also has lanolin in it) and we ended up at the ER, they wanted to keep him, he was bright red everywhere and only 2 months old.





jojoba oil, calendula





http://www.health.howstuffworks.com/cale鈥?/a>





http://www.naturalbodyskincare.com/benef鈥?/a>
Lanolin is good to use, it doesn't contain any petroleum. it's what's recommended for sore nipples while nursing. I use it on my own chapped lips and it works great, i also use it for my son's thumb which is chapped because he sucks it so much. It works very well and is safe.
I used (and still do) a product by Gerber (Teeny Faces) moisturizing stick. My daughter use to have dry cheeks now and then and she has mild eczema so I'd use it on the dry patches. It lasts very long I've had the one I bought since she was about 6 months old (she's 2 next month).
Do don't put carmex on an infant and yes the is what I put on my babies lips. It is safe to use on boobs so it is safe to use on his or hers lips.
She could even put the lanolin on her breasts if she is nursing and it will heal her baby's chapped lips as well or use it directly on her lips as it is safe for babies to ingest.
Vaseline or petroleum jelly would be better. Few products these days contain lanolin because it is a known allergen.
i used lansinoh which contained lanolin for nipple cream which was safe for the baby to feed after application.
Lanolin can be allergenic, so maybe it's not a good idea. A little bit of olive oil is safe, so far as I know!
Yes, it is safe. Aquafor would also be fine.
Yes.





In fact most nipple cream for mom is pure lanolin.
vaseline
carmex!

No comments:

Post a Comment