Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Does anyone else pick at their lips?

I pick at my lips all the time..sometimes until they bleed a little. It's a nervous habit i picked up back in 5th grade. I can't stand when there is little pieces of skin, I have to pick them off. i've tried lip gloss and lipstick, but it usually makes my lips dryer than before, which creates more skin flakes. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can break this habit?Does anyone else pick at their lips?
I do the same thing!! It's nerves for me whenever I get nervous about something real nervous. I use gum. Lip gloss or lipstick...your just going to ';literally eat it off'; However just keep them moist so they will be kissable for your man. Grab some flavorful gum and you g/f and talk it over. It's an obsession possibly OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) The Obsession is the biting the compulsion is when you act upon it biting the lips. You have to redirect this by whenever you notice yourself doing it put a stop to it then. Grab some gum or candy or call up a friend and tell her your problem. Starting writing your thoughts down and if you have to chew gum at the same time. However don't chew to much sugar you don't want another problem.. cavities! Switch it up btwn sugar and non. Good luck to you. If you still have a problem after a couple of weeks you may want to see your doc. for some further help.Does anyone else pick at their lips?
Don't worry I do the exact same thing which is habit that my dad also has. I peel the skin off sometimes till I bleed and my boyfriend tells me put chap stick but, when I put it my lips get even drier and I pick in on it even more. I do especially when I am nervous. Report Abuse

Oh man, I do it too. What I found out about myself is the more stuff I use on them the more flaky they get when they're dry. I think my lips got addicted to it. Try not using anything for a while and letting your lips own moisture come out. I know its hard but it will kill the habit and make your lips soft all the time.
I have 2 suggestions,,,why do you care if they are cracked or have pieces of skin on them, surely not for looks cause it can't look good to pick at them until they bleed. and the other is,,,if you stop picking at them they will eventually heal and you won't have a need to pick skin off, it won't be there to pick. then you will have beautiful, kissable lips.
no
I guess I kind of do too, I chew on the inside of my lips. I heard that it was b/c you are dehydrated. If your body is dehydrated your lips will dry out as a result of that and then you start picking. But my problem is the inside not the outside. The inside stay moist so that is not my problem. However, like you said, sometimes lipstick/gloss doesn't cut it... so anyhow I would suggest you find some lip restorer or exfoliator/scrub for your lips. You may not find it just anywhere and it maybe expensive for a small tub, but it might help. and since it is a habit....you might want to try getting a ';kick the habit'; jar. You just put in some money every time you catch yourself or someone catches you in the act. Then if you realize that you haven't put money in over a weeks time.... go take the $ and reward yourself w/ something.
I used to, when i stopped i started picking the skin off my fingers. WITH MY TEETH! and i still do! i advise, uh, no idea, but yeh, i did.
I did that when I was a kid


Use lipgloss...make sure your lips are constantly moisturized...worked for me
mind over matter
get them wet. try not to pick them
I do. But I just like the taste. Usually I get 'flaky' when I don't drink enough water. Lip gloss only makes it worse.





Moisturize from the inside I would say. :)
um yep I do, only when I let them get to chapped and have to get the skin off.





well, maybe you should get some medicated lip chap and I don't know maybe everytime you start to pick at your lips you could write it down right then and also write down how your feeling at that exact moment





maybe this will help you realize what is making you nervous, exciting, bored or whatever and what leads you to picking so that you can find better ways to express yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment