Sunday, April 25, 2010

Im 25 weeks pregnant and i have severe dry, peeling lips. Is that normal because i drink tons of water?

During pregnancy you can get really stuffy, especially at night. I have discovered that I am breathing through my mouth rather than my nose at night and this caused me to have severely dry cracked lips. I use carmex before I go to bed and reapply when I get up to potty.





Good luck, I hope this helps!!Im 25 weeks pregnant and i have severe dry, peeling lips. Is that normal because i drink tons of water?
What do you consider ';tons of water';? I drank at least 3 quarts of water a day when I was pregnant. Then my lips and skin were pretty much ok. But if I didn't drink as much for a day or two my lips and skin got ridiculously dry like that too. I would try to drink even more water and load up on the lip balm.Im 25 weeks pregnant and i have severe dry, peeling lips. Is that normal because i drink tons of water?
I didn't have this, but it might be because I always put on lip balm before I go to bed. Then, in the morning, I take a wet washrag and scrub them. I usually wear the Lip Smackers brand, only b/c it's inexpensive and does the trick. When you wake up, your lips might feel a little slimy (eww!) but as soon as you scrub them, they might feel better and smooth.





Good luck!
I am 9 weeks pregnant and I have the same thing. Needless to say I have tons of lip balms, glosses, lip therapies, etc....(I had it too with my last pregnancy as well). ~~Feel better and keep drinkin' that water. Baby loves you for that!!~~~
me too, its slight dehydration, use the blistex in the blue circle thing or carmex in the yellow bottle with the red lid u kno what im talkin about right?





thats the only thing that helps me, i think its because its so hot and all your water is goin to the baby!
Hey I'm 25 weeks pregnant too and I have exact same problem. I use vaseline with aloe vera, the one in the little green tin. It works wonders, but it smells so nice I do end up licking it all back off hehe x
Its normal for me. I actually bought blistex ...the one in the blue little container...medicated and it helps a whole lot.. then I add my lip color of water for shine. hope that helps
Mine were like that also. I bought some Cococare Cocobutter lip balm. I think I got it at Walgreens and it works great.

No comments:

Post a Comment